Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hit a mile point

I just hit a mile point in my NL cash game career. I'm up over 10k for the month on cash games alone right now. This is the first time I've ever done that. So I'm up with tourney cashes I'm up about 12k for the month. I'm very glad about that. And I'm also consistently beating 2/4nl. Check out what happened today.

I played about 3000 hands today, and I think I played pretty good. I was playing very aggressive. I all of my hands on Stars, as I'm trying to get points for cashback there. I decided that since I can't get rakeback, I'm going to start playing a lot on stars so that I can take advantage of their points for cash system. I also did this because I recently withdrew basically all of my bankroll from Absolute poker. But there are a ton of reports of people somehow cheating with Absolute's software, where certain players act as if they can see people's hole cards. It's very convincing. Go over to 2+2 to read about it for yourself. So those are the main reasons that I'm moving to Stars. But people on Stars float sooooo much more than players on Full Tilt. Maybe it was just tonight, but it was actually quite profitable for me in certain spots to push a lot of my draws. Fold equity is nice.

So after I finished playing today, I when over my Pokertracker stats and at first was actually ecstatic with my play. I had a great session where I lost money with AA!
Yea, I know I like to brag. Haha. But I actually was extremely proud of the fact that I thought I played well, and made tons of money despite running bad. This was until I looked around at the rest of my stats. Check this out.I made 5 flushes, which were ALL good on the river, 10 full houses, and the best part, was that I flopped QUADS 3 times! And amazingly I got paid off on pretty much all of these hands. I guess other than the fact that AA didn't hold up for me, I ran extremely well. Here is that AA hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1507720
I used to think that I could fold these hands, but I'm actually fine with losing these. I will never fold AA or KK in this spot. Once I there's all this money in the pot, and he shoves, I'm getting such great odds to call against his range. Folding IMO is definitely -EV.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1507722
This is a hand that I was not so sure about. I'm still not sure if betting that river value bet is +EV. I wasn't sure if KQ would call a third river bet, and KJ got there, as did JJ if he was calling me down with a PP, and an outside chance of 88. So basically does he call me with a worse pair on this river to make it a +EV river value bet. If it were AA, I would definitely fire all three streets for value, but with AK, I think it's that much thinner. I'm also talking about a good player calling me down three times. Not this guy. He played that hand sooooooo bad. When he table 3 9's there, I was dumb founded. I mean he's losing so much value. He didn't put in a single raise. If you're going to call 96s OOP, you have to at some point bet it or put in a raise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.