Monday, September 17, 2007

Sunday update

I was watching updates from the WSOP Europe last night and to my surprise a young internet phenom, Anette_15 was on the final table. If you don't know about her, just go to pocketfives.com, and you can read her fanclub there. I have to admit, back in my donkament days, I was part of that fan club. Well when I woke up this morning I decided to stream the final table coverage over the internet, and to nobody's surprise she took down 1st place for 1 million pounds. Just reading about her is pretty sick. She started her roll through online freerolls, and she's been destroying online mtts ever since. And get this, she's only 18! I can't wait till she turns 21 and starts destroying the WSOP here in the States.

Well, I also played two mtts today. After seeing her play, I was pretty determined to play my best in the two that I played. I played in the WCOOP event #5 $530 NLHE 9 handed event, and in the Stars 55k guaranteed 10+ rebuys. I got absolutely no cards in the WCOOP event, and busted in about 1500/5000, and in the rebuy I busted out in 6/1000+ for a payday of $2700. If I made $2700 today playing cash, I would be ecstatic. However, I was pretty pissed that I busted out in 6th because the play on that final table was soooooooooooo awful. If any of those players were on any cash tables I would fleece them. I also think that I messed up once on the final table in a crucial spot. If people were making solid plays, and I got beat, I wouldn't be that pissed. I saw that 15k payout for 1st place and knew that I had a great chance in taking it down. Sigh. On a positive note, I'm finally in the positive for Stars mtts.

No comments: