Monday, October 1, 2007

Had a Great September

So, here are my September results. The chart below is for all my play online other than Cake poker. For some reason PokerTracker doesn't support Cake Poker, so there's no way for me to track my play there. I've made 4k on cash games on Cake Poker and have just over 2k in tournament profits this month. This 20k+ month is absolutely huge for me.


Right now, I'm a little unsure about what my goals for poker should be for the next month. Obviously I want to move up, but since I've never had a month as huge as this one, I'm not quite sure how much my results is a factor of me running good, or of my playing a lot better.

Right now, I think my plan is to withdraw part of my online bankroll. I think I'll withdraw about 4k. So that brings my online bankroll to about 38k or so. With that, I think I'm going to start playing 50% on 3/6nl and 2/4. My experience is that $3/6 players aren't that much different than $2/4 players, so I'm quite confident that I can continue 6-8 tabling with some $3/6 games and not be that much worse. Since I'll be playing between the two limits, I'll game select a lot to find the most profitable and softest games.

My ultimate goal next month is to make over 12k. If I can do that, whilst maintaing over a 4ptbb/100 winrate, my online bankroll will be 50k so that I can take a shot at 5/10nl in November. This shot at 5/10nl is going to be a very big step. I know that to succeed at 5/10nl, I'm going to have to put in a lot of work and effort. Once I take this step, I'm going to drop back down to 2-3 tables to really put in a lot of effort and concentration into all my play. Lets hope that this move up isn't accompanied by a downswing.

Goals for October:
- Play 50-50 on $3/6 and $2/4.
- Make over 12k+ so that I have enough in my bankroll to attempt to move up to $5/10nl in November.

On a different note, it's funny how I've become such a bankroll nit. I remember before when I would try to move up with 20 buyins in my bankroll. But I've realized that whenever I move up with only 20 buyins, it's really hard to play optimal poker. One misstep and that's 5% of your bankroll gone. Plus if you do happen to stack somebody and then play against another deepstack with 200bbs, losing that pot absolutely hurts because it's 10% of your bankroll. Plus with the state of online poker's aggressiveness these days, it's absolutely possible to have 5 buyin swings in one session.

Well, lets hope that I don't go on super monkey tilt in the next two months and that I continue playing the best poker of my life.

No comments: