Thursday, October 4, 2007

I just got absolutely cold decked

So, I just lost 5.5 buyins on Cake poker at 2/4nl. Granted, I was absolutely exhausted, and probably didn't play optimally, but there were soooo many soft spots, I felt that at any point I could have gone on an absolute rush.

I won a bunch of huge pots, however, there was this absolute donk that was on my left on 2/5 of the tables that I was playing, and he was on my right in 2 of them, but he got the deck slapped in his face. I wish I could figure out how to post hand histories from Cake Poker, but I can't quite seem to figure it out. So I'll try to summarize what happened.

So, near the beginning of my play, I noticed that there were a bunch of the same people on a lot of my tables. And I noticed that this one guy, just kept on raising and 3betting me. So on one of the tables where he was immediately on my right, he raised the button, and I see that I have AKo in the sb. So, I 3bet him, and then he 4 bets me. We were about 120bbs deep, and I thought about it for a while, and I had a good feeling that I was good, and I didn't want to play AK against him OOP because this guy is the biggest calling station in the world. So I shove. He almost instacalls with AJo. And sucks out on me to take the first pot.

Since PAHud doesn't work on Cake Poker, I was basically readless. Since I then knew that he was an absolute donkey, I target him on all my tables. This was probably a mistake. Because I just constantly tried to isolate him, and I think he picked up on this, because he kept on floating my double and triple barrels, and vice versa. So I manage to stack him once, and then he gets hit in the face with the deck. I probably wasn't playing well, and should have gotten away from a lot of these spots, but I don't know.

One memorable hand was where I was deepstacked for 200bbs, and so was he. I had AK and I 3 bet him from the button, after he raised in the CO. He opts to just call. So the board came KKx. There's about $120 in the pot, and effective stacks were about $750. He checks, and I cbet 3/4 pot, and he instacalls. A meaning less card like a 7 or something falls, he instantly checks the turn. Here, I take a weird line because I want him to think I'm weak and shove over me or something. But I bet half the pot, and then he just instacalls again. I was just like WTF. So at the river the pot was about $500 or so, and I think we still have about $600-$700 in our stacks. I'm not quite sure, but he checks and I bet about 2/3 of the pot hoping to get looked up by any pair, but he then shoves on me. I don't know if I had to call, but I did, hoping to see AA or KQ or something, but he filled up on the river with a full house holding pocket 66s. And I ship him the pot.

Well, the next couple hours proceed by me, shipping off my stack to him when he as AA, and I have QQ. He has KK, I have JJ. And then, I had one retarded call when I was on tilt with 77, after he shoved on me after I 4bet him with about 150bb. I called, looking to gamble with him, and half expecting to see AK or AQ there, but actually hoping to see him table some like A3s or something. But obv he has AA. But there I actually suck out on him by catching a miracle gutshot straight on the river, when there was a 3card spade flush on the board with him holding the As. But I sucked out, and somehow thought that I was going to finally start stacking him. But then he stacks me on another table with A10 against my AQ, all in pf. And then almost instantly after that I have QQ and we get it all in on another table pf, and he has AK and hits a K on the flop.

I quit almost instantly after that, and decided that today just wasn't my day. But because of this I just had to put some more money on the Cake Poker account, and I'm going to really put in a bunch of time there. I think that it's a money making machine. Plus I also get rakeback there. But other than that, I think I'm going to take this Thursday and Friday off from poker just to get my mind right, and make sure to stop some leaks. There were plenty of times today that I just spewed money, and I knew I was spewing money, but felt like gambling. That's just retarded. I haven't done that in a long while. So, I don't know if I'm just tired, or what, but I going to take a mini break, and rededicate myself to grinding this weekend. We have a long weekend, and get Monday and Tuesday off, and I'm actually looking forward to a weekend of poker. I am very confident that I'm going to make back a lot of the money that I lost on this downswing. I'll give an update sometime over the weekend.

No comments: