Tuesday, October 2, 2007

MonkeyTILT!!!

Well, instead of doing work through the night, I decided to fire up a couple tables of 3/6nl. First off, I just want to take back the fact that I think I'll be able to shot at 5/10nl in November. Unless I just get absolutely disgusting, 3/6nl is a lot lot tougher than 2/4nl. There's definitely a noticeable difference because the good regulars are really thinking players, and you can tell that they're adapting their play to how they think you are playing.

But just a quick update because I have to do work, but I lost about 9 buyins at $3/6nl. First off, I didn't realize that I can't take advantage of the regulars like I normally do. I definitely felt that there were spots where I could make a guy fold with just pure aggression in 2/4nl, that I tried to do in 3/6 and they were just calling me down light. Also, I played on Full Tilt after 3am in the morning, so there were only 5 tables of 3/6nl going on. So, it leads me to think that there were a bunch of 5/10 regulars playing at those stakes too.

I don't think for the most part I played toooo badly. But I got into a bunch of rough spots where the villains line didn't make too much sense, and I kept on paying off his value raise on the river. I think that this is a HUGE HUGE leak for me. I always think that they're bluff raising me off my hand, and I maybe catch off one bluff for every 6 that I payoff. Plus 95% of the raise bluffs that I've picked off have been from Donkeys, and not the regulars.

But a comeon scenario would occur, when I would fire a cbet with my top pair and they would float my cbet with bottom pair. On the turn, they catch a flush draw along with their bottom pair, and they float my turn bet that I actually bet for value. On the turn, though I also paired up my other card for two pair on the turn. So I fire another value bet on the river. However, unknown, to me, they actually triple up wtih bottom pair and they actually raise me. And I pay it off.

Strangely though, after that horrible session, I don't feel all that down. I used to feel really depressed and pissed off whenever I had a huge downswing, but I don't feel all that bad now. It could be partially because I'm getting use to these huge moneyswings, but I also that the fact tha tI have such a healthy bankroll helps a lot. I don't have the nervous anxious feeling that there's a chance that I could go broke, since I still have close to 80 buyins for 3/6.

I'll post a bunch of hands later, from my session., but right now I have to get back to doing actual work.

No comments: