Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Hand I'm Particularly Proud Of

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1639525
This may be spew, or not, but I felt awesome after pulling it off. Just to tell you how the hand went down, I never reraise somebody UTG with 88. I might do this with air from time to time, but not with hand like 88. Now that's spew, but somehow in my multitabling frenzy, I misclick, and bet pot PF. Now, after I did that and BB min 3 bet, I had to put him on a huge PP. AK never does this, so initially I put him on AA,KK, and maybe half his QQs. He wasn't the strongest of players, and he was laying me such a sick sick price, that I called to set mine. I knew that I could stack him on the right flop. However, once an A flops, and he bet so small into the pot, I immediately think that he has KK. I discount AA partially because an A in on the flop, but also because against him, I didn't think that he would be the type of player that would put a blocking bet out. I think he would either check it, looking to c/rai or just bet it. So I called, because I really think this bet is a scared bet. He has to view my range as heavily weighted towards AK, so if he showed weakness again on the turn, I decided that I would rep AK and take it away from him. After I bet the turn, he instafolded.

This is a play that I never do. There are so many non-standard things that lead up to my sick fancy play. First of all, my 3bet, then his min 4bet, then his weak blocker cbet. Somehow, I had this amazing read for just this one play. Immediately after that, I wish that I didn't have auto-muck on so that I could show the guy this sick bluff, but I couldn't. Instead, I'm blogging about it.

No comments: