Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Moving Up The Poker Stakes

Okay, so basically I didn't build my bankroll playing cash games, so I never had to develop the necessary tilt control and perhaps introspective objective look at whether or not I was actually a good cash game player. I had horrible discipline and would make stupid plays for the sake of making a crazy bluff just because I got bored. Although I did play .1/.25nl, I don't really think I was a winner in those stakes at all. I got pokertracker after I decided to move up to .25/.5nl. I got bored playing .1/.25nl and since my bankroll got bigger from playing other forms of poker I decided to move up before I think i was a clearly ready.


Below is my graph of all my pokertracker hands at .5nl. Clearly you can see that I experienced some large swings and had less than stellar winrate, especially for those limits and when party poker was still in the U.S. I only logged in 10k hands, and before I was ready to move up, I decided I was ready to move up to 1nl.





When I moved up to 1nl, I started playing on pokerstars.com. Although I started to get better, I still had major leaks in my card playing abilities. I still had basically no tilt control.




You'll notice that once I start losing, it doesn't quite stop. So, before this year, I pretty much was a breakeven cashgame player. However, after I saw the Brian Townsend video, I got my act together (poker wise) and started studying and committing myself to the game.

Well, here are my poker stats for the first couple months of this year. I moved up to 1/2nl. And I'm very happy about my results at 1/2nl. A lot of the work that I have been putting in is showing in my 1/2nl results, and I feel that I'm playing some of my best poker.



I'm pretty happy now that I'm having decent success at cash games at a respectable stake over a pretty large sample size.

No comments: