Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Over 100k hands for the year

So I just looked at all my PokerTracker hands and I'm over 100k hands in nlhe for the year. 113k hands to be exact. One statistic, though, really jumped out at me today - the amount of rake that I've spent.

I've given poker sites over 13k in business. That's mind boggling to me. What sucks even more is realizing that I played the majority of my hands (over three quarters) on sites that I don't have rakeback. That is unacceptable. What's crazy is the fact that I paid this much in rake, without even realizing it. Rake is like that scheme that they described about in Office Space, where they had the program which took cents off thousands of transactions. Nobody notices it, but over time it adds up.

What I'm trying to get at is that today, I finally realized the importance of playing your "A" game all the time. If I played the best that I could in every single pot that I was in, saved a bet here, put in an extra value bet there, I would be much much richer. Lets say over 100k hands, I averaged 5 cents more per hand. That's either 5 cents I save or 5 cents more per hand, that's $5k more that's in my pocket. So, lets play good in every single hand.

No comments: